All Because Two People Fell In Love...

Saturday, January 16, 2010

The first of many...

This is our very first blog. My brother Zach and sister-in-law Nicole introduced me to blogging so that we can share memories as our children and families grow. I hope that you enjoy sharing in our memories with us.

I hope that our blog will serve as a place where our friends and family can join in laughter that Jason and I are experiencing as Shawn grows. He is definately the life in our party, and there is never a dull moment. Hold tight to your stomach, because many of our stories can make your tummy turn. I hope you don't have a sensitive one, because you will miss out.

In just the last week, here are a couple of his finer moments:

  • We are working hard on potty training right now. As I pick Shawn up from school his teacher shares with me that rather than going potty, Shawn is turned around singing and dancing with a hip thrust, "Shawn Shawn shake the snake, Shawn Shawn shake the snake." I was absolutely horrified. I have no clue where this came from and am disgusted. The only thing that I can determine is that he has a toy snake that he runs around shaking and hissing at us and we will scream. I pray that this is the connection he has made, but never sings the song again. I have never been so embarrased, but am bracing myself as my friends tell me this is the life of mom of boys.
  • Our 2 year old is becoming an expert at avoidance tactics. Today, the task to avoid is nap time. Just when I think that he has finally settled in to rest, Shawn shouts, "Mommy, I have poop in my pants!" Well, of course I am going to come in the room. I can't have him resting in dirty pants. But what do you know, mommy got outsmarted by the 2 year old. Do you think there was poop in the pants, NO!!!!
  • There is constant noise at our house. If the dogs aren't barking then Shawn is screaming. This is the life. This morning the dogs barked at the door to go outside, so I let them. Next Shawn wants to go outside. When I tell him no because it is rainy and cold, he seems to accept it. 3 minutes later though, I have a 2 year old barking at the door to get out. "Woof Woof mommy, I need to go outside." I guess he thinks that is the code word to get out.
  • As you know, we have a colorful family. My brother refers to us as Neopolitan. Last night, Shawn and I were watching the 20/20 Special on the Haitian Earthquake. The producers were documenting all of the children who are victims of the earthquake. Shawn, as serious as can be looks up at me and says, "MOM, hey, that looks like Shawn Shawn!" Of course he is right, and so begin the conversations about why we all look different.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world- Finally!!!! I'm excited to see lots of new posts of my sweet little Shawn :) Great Job!

    ReplyDelete