All Because Two People Fell In Love...

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Aaw...The Little Things!




I think it is important for us take a moment to celebrate the little things that make us smile and laugh each day.
  • A text from my husband! Jason is away in Portland for a week. I guess day 2 of his week away is the one where I really miss him BAD. Just about the time I want to call him and know I can't because he is working, I get a text just to see how my day was. Thanks for asking Babe, and all I really needed today was to hear from you. Shawn is missing Daddy too. He told me before bedtime, "I don't wanna go big bed...Daddy come home from work."

  • A surprise talk with G-Daddy! I called my sister today to chat for a while. I was a bit down because I hadn't heard from my dad, and he is supposed to leave for Africa today. While talking to her she says, "Hey, Daddy wants to talk to Shawn." Hmmm...isn't Daddy supposed to be on an airplane right now? After loosing his passport, my dad wasn't able to go to work today. This is totally out of character for him, but at the same time, you think God works in mysterious ways. Shawn had been asking for G-Daddy and there he was on the other end of the line. Dad and I had a great talk today, he always gives me a burst of reality and insight. Thanks for the great talk Daddy, we haven't had one of those in a while.

  • Just a few extra days! I know that it is extremely hard for my dad to leave the girls and Anita behind each month to go to work. As frustrating as it is that he lost his passport, it is a few more days that he gets to be with the family. Even just a few days are a blessing that need appreciation. Maybe you should take the boat out for a ride dad, since you haven't this month.

  • You noticed! You know, Jason and I are with Shawn Shawn every day. We laugh at him and try to share with everyone all of the funny and heartfealt things he says. We love that he loves you all so much that he turns to you in his times of despair (like bedtime or to avoid time out). He is forever begging to talk to Uncle Zach, Nana, G-Daddy, G-Mommy, Nini, Momo, Uncle Andrew, Uncle Zeke, Aunt Tiffany, Grandma, Grandpa. This is the cycle we go through on a regular basis. He loves you all but most of all he ALWAYS wants to talk to Aunt Cole (what have you been sneaking him Nicole). Today though, G-Daddy noticed that his speech has improved and he is much easier to understand, they even had a conversation on the phone. Thanks for noticing Dad!

  • Shawnisms! So Shawn is playing in the tub tonight and I stepped out to grab his pajamas. When I come back he is using the backscrubber like a plunger. Of course I laught hysterically and say, "Shawn Mykal Nino, what are you doing?" His response is, "There is a lot of paper towels Mommy...Tyson do it at school." Tyson is the Assistant Director at his school. I guess he has been plunging the classroom potty and now we plunge at home.

?????I wonder what tomorrow brings?????

1 comment:

  1. Awww... I love my Shawn Shawn too! He can call me whenever he wants to talk! I can't wait for our next visit to see him! Maybe we can meet in Waco sometime soon for lunch... Love- Aunt Cole

    ReplyDelete